Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Time is but the stream i go a-fishing in..." -- Henry David Thoreau




57 degrees when Bob and I took a walk yesterday evening, chilly enough for a coat and hat, here it is the middle of May
Fish Creek is swollen, overflowing its banks and the sound it makes is at once soothing and stimulating
In spite of the chill, everything is greening up before our eyes
Oh, and look at this witch's broom, this dwarf mistletoe. Upon further research I find they might not be as devastating as they are made out to be, as animals eat them, nest in them, and if they kill their host, they too die.
We too are parasites of a sort. Let's live symbiotically.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

We have a rushing stream right outside our bedroom window and now I can't sleep without it.

Anonymous said...

I loved this quote. hmm. i'm happy now. Life IS but the stream....

Stephens said...

My Grandparents had a stream on there ranch. When I was a little girl I would go down in the meadow and be transplanted to a magical world of unicorns and secret forests. This picture reminds me of those precious memories.