Saturday, March 21, 2009

Is your blog one of these?

So many blogs I come across
are banners flapping in the wind
colorful pleas for attention
advertisements

Buy my book!
Join my team!
Aren't I right? (or Aren't I so Left!)
Think like I do!
Vote for my candidate!

I have wasted many words myself
and hours
touting my own projects, handing out opinions
like paper fliers stuck under windshield wipers

Here's what I want to know:
Who are you, really? Give me a glimpse
and I'll try to give you a peek at me
on a random day

Let's all pose the question,
Who am I?
Who are you?
Do we matter?
Why?

1 comment:

DJan said...

Who am I? If I knew the answer to that, I guess I could stop asking. One day years ago I remember actually understanding that if I am lucky, the time will come when I'll be lying on my deathbed looking back at my life, which will be memories and recollections. I decided I want to live my life, not be too careful with it.

Who are you? A kindred spirit, more so than I realized until I found that you too began skydiving because you had to, for you and someone else.

Do we matter? I don't know, do we? By whose values? My grandmother used to say to me when I was crying over some perceived loss, "will it still matter in a hundred years?" Perspective changes with age, time, experience, loss.

Why? Because until I am no longer living, I am driven to extract meaning from the daily grind. Can't help it.

Thanks for the questions, keep 'em comin!