Thursday, April 23, 2009


I'd like to be resting my dogs right now like this person is doing (photo taken in The Hague, the Dutch seat of government and home of the International Court of Justice, or Peace Palace.)

At the moment we're sitting in one of the only wi-fi cafes in the entire country. We're in Maastricht, a university town in the south of Holland, and my favorite town. The connection is slow and I'm trying to catch up on my blog before the boat leaves. That's the problem of being on a tour or cruise, your time is not your own.

Several groups of students are doing homework around me. One young man is falling asleep over his coffee. Playing is "My Girl." Outside are head shops and the whiff of burning weed drifting down the street. Maastricht is very different in character from Amsterdam, Delft, and the other towns in the North. Many boutiques and stores here, and cafes amidst the Roman bridges and ramparts.

Bob and I plan to return here on our Burgundian tour...

No comments: